- Wind Fuels the North Sea’s Next Energy Boom
As oil declines, huge wind farms are providing electricity to Northern Europe.
- Fatal Tesla Autopilot Crash Is a Reminder Autonomous Cars Will Sometimes Screw Up
A death behind the wheel with Tesla’s Autopilot on raises the question of how safe automated cars must be.
- How EnChroma’s Glasses Correct Color-Blindness
People with red-green color-blindness can suddenly discriminate between colors they couldn’t see before.
- The Rocket Fuel for Biden’s “Cancer Moonshot”? Big Data
The National Cancer Institute hopes a new data-sharing agreement with Foundation Medicine is the first of many.
- Funding of Space Ventures Gets a Lift
Extraterrestrial ventures are no longer limited to deep-pocketed tycoons.
- This App Knows Just the Right Emoji for Any Occasion
Having trouble finding the perfect emoji to express yourself?
- Clinics Offering Unproven Stem Cell Therapies Are Proliferating Across the U.S.
Patients don’t need “stem cell tourism” anymore—ineffective and potentially dangerous interventions abound at home.
Meet Altos Labs, Silicon Valley’s latest wild bet on living forever
Funders of a deep-pocketed new "rejuvenation" startup are said to include Jeff Bezos and Yuri Milner.
Meta’s new learning algorithm can teach AI to multi-task
The single technique for teaching neural networks multiple skills is a step towards general-purpose AI.
All charges against China Initiative defendant Gang Chen have been dismissed
MIT professor Gang Chen was one of the most prominent scientists charged under the China Initiative, a Justice Department effort meant to counter economic espionage and national security threats.
A horrifying new AI app swaps women into porn videos with a click
Deepfake researchers have long feared the day this would arrive.
Get the latest updates from
MIT Technology Review
Discover special offers, top stories, upcoming events, and more.