- Moore’s Law Is Dead. Now What?
Shrinking transistors have powered 50 years of advances in computing—but now other ways must be found to make computers more capable.
- Inside Vicarious, the Secretive AI Startup Bringing Imagination to Computers
By reinventing the neural network, the company hopes to help computers make the leap from processing words and symbols to comprehending the real world.
- Paint-On GMOs Could Create Cattle, Dogs with Custom Fur
It sounds crazy, and it is. A startup says it can use genetic engineering to change the color of animal coats.
- Big Oil Companies Have Already Become Dinosaurs
A new report details how profound shifts in the global energy market have left the oil majors far behind.
- Rising Seas Lift an Industry
For the Dutch masters of water management, climate change is a boon.
- Wireless, Super-Fast Internet Access Is Coming to Your Home
The Supreme Court shut down his last venture, Aereo, after it riled TV broadcasters. Now Chet Kanojia wants to overturn how broadband is delivered.
- Can HP Make 3-D Printing into a Mass Manufacturing Technique?
The tech giant says its new $130,000 printers will produce plastic parts quickly and inexpensively.