- Desk-Size Turbine Could Power a Town
GE sees its new turbine as a strong rival to batteries for storing power from the grid.
- The Extinction Invention
A genetic technology that can kill off mosquito species could eradicate malaria. But is it too risky to ever use?
- Sean Parker’s $250 Million Bet on Hacking the Immune System to Beat Cancer
A Facebook billionaire makes a major investment in immunotherapy.
- An Impressive Walking Google Robot Tries to Vacuum the Stairs
An odd-looking bipedal bot, created by a Japanese subsidiary of Alphabet, can climb stairs and carry heavy objects around a home.
- Watching SunEdison’s Collapse, Solar Industry Resets
SunEdison’s collapse and mounting losses elsewhere are causing solar developers to change course.
- How Computers Can Tell What They’re Looking At
Images from inside an artificial neural network help explain why a technique called deep learning is enabling software to see.
- Video Shows Paralyzed Man Move Hand with Brain Implant
Researchers used a brain-computer interface to give a man control over his paralyzed hand. <