- Tech Slowdown Threatens the American Dream
Despite the allure of apps and social media, today’s digital technologies are doing little to generate the kind of prosperity that previous generations enjoyed, a prominent economist argues. But that doesn’t mean we should give up on innovation.
- What If Apple Is Wrong?
New layers of secrecy on smartphones might damage the criminal justice system in return for only marginal gains in our personal privacy.
- A $2 Billion Chip to Accelerate Artificial Intelligence
A new chip design from Nvidia will allow machine-learning researchers to marshal larger collections of simulated neurons.
- The Rogue Immune Cells That Wreck the Brain
Beth Stevens thinks she has solved a mystery behind brain disorders such as Alzheimer’s and schizophrenia.
- Moore’s Law’s Ultraviolet Savior Is Finally Ready
A long-awaited tool the chip industry needs to keep driving progress is finally working.
- Self-Taught Robot Is Ready to Seize Another Warehouse Job
A new robot uses computer vision and machine learning to break down pallets of boxes faster than human workers.
- HoloLens Starts to Show How Augmented Reality Can Be Social
A simple gaming demo makes it clear that augmented reality is a lot more fun with others. <