- Fun (and Some Nausea) with the First Games for the Oculus Rift Headset
The first games for Oculus Rift are pretty sweet, though some can cause motion sickness.
- An AI with 30 Years’ Worth of Knowledge Finally Goes to Work
An effort to encode the world’s knowledge in a huge database has sometimes seemed impractical, but those behind the technology say it is finally ready.
- T-Cell Pioneer Carl June Acknowledges Key Ingredient Wasn’t His
Are cancer cures being held back by competition among scientists?
- Health-Tracking Startup Fails to Deliver on Its Ambitions
Quanttus spent several years trying to track blood pressure at the wrist, but doing so appears to be even more difficult than the company thought.
- Out-of-Work Chinese Government Hackers May Be Behind Sophisticated Ransomware Attacks
The downside of Obama’s effort to rein in Chinese industrial espionage could be advanced ransomware attacks on U.S. companies.
- The Feds Are Wrong to Warn of “Warrant-Proof” Phones
Throughout history, communications have mainly been ephemeral. We need to be sure we can preserve that freedom.
- Musclebound “Bio-bots” Move Around in Response to Light
Researchers say the tissue-wrapped structures can be building blocks for complex biological machines. <
Meet Altos Labs, Silicon Valley’s latest wild bet on living forever
Funders of a deep-pocketed new "rejuvenation" startup are said to include Jeff Bezos and Yuri Milner.
All charges against China Initiative defendant Gang Chen have been dismissed
MIT professor Gang Chen was one of the most prominent scientists charged under the China Initiative, a Justice Department effort meant to counter economic espionage and national security threats.
Going bald? Lab-grown hair cells could be on the way
These biotech companies are reprogramming cells to treat baldness, but it’s still early days.
A horrifying new AI app swaps women into porn videos with a click
Deepfake researchers have long feared the day this would arrive.
Get the latest updates from
MIT Technology Review
Discover special offers, top stories, upcoming events, and more.