- Fun (and Some Nausea) with the First Games for the Oculus Rift Headset
The first games for Oculus Rift are pretty sweet, though some can cause motion sickness.
- An AI with 30 Years’ Worth of Knowledge Finally Goes to Work
An effort to encode the world’s knowledge in a huge database has sometimes seemed impractical, but those behind the technology say it is finally ready.
- T-Cell Pioneer Carl June Acknowledges Key Ingredient Wasn’t His
Are cancer cures being held back by competition among scientists?
- Health-Tracking Startup Fails to Deliver on Its Ambitions
Quanttus spent several years trying to track blood pressure at the wrist, but doing so appears to be even more difficult than the company thought.
- Out-of-Work Chinese Government Hackers May Be Behind Sophisticated Ransomware Attacks
The downside of Obama’s effort to rein in Chinese industrial espionage could be advanced ransomware attacks on U.S. companies.
- The Feds Are Wrong to Warn of “Warrant-Proof” Phones
Throughout history, communications have mainly been ephemeral. We need to be sure we can preserve that freedom.
- Musclebound “Bio-bots” Move Around in Response to Light
Researchers say the tissue-wrapped structures can be building blocks for complex biological machines. <
Toronto wants to kill the smart city forever
The city wants to get right what Sidewalk Labs got so wrong.
Saudi Arabia plans to spend $1 billion a year discovering treatments to slow aging
The oil kingdom fears that its population is aging at an accelerated rate and hopes to test drugs to reverse the problem. First up might be the diabetes drug metformin.
Yann LeCun has a bold new vision for the future of AI
One of the godfathers of deep learning pulls together old ideas to sketch out a fresh path for AI, but raises as many questions as he answers.
The dark secret behind those cute AI-generated animal images
Google Brain has revealed its own image-making AI, called Imagen. But don't expect to see anything that isn't wholesome.
Get the latest updates from
MIT Technology Review
Discover special offers, top stories, upcoming events, and more.