- Flexible Glass Could Bring Back the Flip Phone
Schott can make a sheet of glass thinner than your hair and half a kilometer long that bends, but doesn’t yet fold.
- Apple’s “Code = Speech” Mistake
A law professor who backs Apple in its case against the FBI says it would be dangerous for the company to win on First Amendment grounds.
- Google’s Self-Driving Car Probably Caused Its First Accident
One of Google’s self-driving cars hit a public bus while driving around sandbags, and the car is likely the one to blame.
- Mercedes Sees Fewer Robots in Its Future
German automaker Daimler is scaling back on the number of robots used to build its S-class cars. But it’s still a step forward for robotics.
- In Apple vs. the FBI, There Is No Technical Middle Ground
Either you let law enforcement get into encrypted devices and run the risk of letting others find a similar way in, or you don’t.
- America’s Methane Crisis Just Got Worse
Emissions of the potent greenhouse gas are far higher than previously thought, according to new studies.
- Augmented-Reality Startup Meta Ups the Ante in the Headset Race
The startup’s headset will need to be tethered to a computer, but it costs a third the price of HoloLens.