- Illumina’s Bid to Beat Cancer with DNA Tests
The DNA sequencing giant will launch a new company, Grail, to develop blood tests to detect cancer.
- Hope in a Glove for Parkinson’s Patients
A wearable device promises to help steady hand tremors by using an old technology—gyroscopes.
- Parents Turn to Prozac to Treat Down Syndrome
The disorder known as trisomy 21 is untreatable. Or is it? Some families think an antidepressant could help.
- Big Pharma Doubles Down on CRISPR for New Drugs
A joint venture between Bayer and CRISPR Therapeutics is the latest effort to make CRISPR drugs that could target and modify cells inside the body.
- RIP David Bowie, Internet Pioneer
Long before MySpace, the late rock star was focused on connecting with his fans online.
- In Pursuit of an Affordable Tablet for the Blind
By borrowing from microfluidics, a team of University of Michigan researchers are reinventing the Braille display to be cheaper and more useful.
- Advanced Nuclear Startup Terrestrial Energy Lands Initial Funding
Canadian startup pursuing an advanced molten-salt nuclear reactor gets significant outside backing. <