- Google Says It Has Proved Its Controversial Quantum Computer Really Works
Researchers from Google’s AI Lab say a controversial quantum machine that it and NASA have been testing since 2013 resoundingly beat a conventional computer in a series of tests.
- Wikipedia-Mining Algorithm Reveals World’s Most Influential Universities
An algorithm’s list of the most influential universities contains some surprising entries.
- Here’s What Developers Are Doing with Google’s AI Brain
Researchers outside Google are testing the software that the company uses to add artificial intelligence to many of its products.
- China Wants to Replace Millions of Workers with Robots
China needs advanced robotics to help balance its economic, social, and technological ambitions with continued growth.
- How Old Is Too Old for a Nuclear Reactor?
The nuclear industry’s efforts to keep aging plants operating highlight questions about nuclear power’s future in the U.S.
- Baidu’s Self-Driving Car Takes On Beijing Traffic
China’s leading search company is developing a self-driving car with BMW.
- A Cloud-Free Satellite Map of Earth
Stitching together a live world map from many different satellite images lets algorithms keep an eye on the health of crops and problems like flooding. <