- Take Free Online Classes, Get Course Credit at MIT
Passing a free online course isn’t as meaningful as taking the same class for credit on a college campus. But that could be changing.
- Deep-Learning Robot Takes 10 Days to Teach Itself to Grasp
Leave a human baby with some toys and it’ll quickly learn to pick them up. Now a robot with deep-learning capabilities has done the same thing.
- A High-End Camera in a Small Package
Startup Light says its L16 will replace a fancy camera and lenses for a third the cost and fit easily into your bag, too.
- India’s Energy Crisis
Can India modernize its manufacturing economy and supply electricity to its growing population without relying heavily on coal—and quite possibly destroying the global climate?
- Gadgets Could Get Longer Lives by Combining Batteries
Microsoft researchers show that batteries that can be more actively managed by software might make our devices last longer.
- Facebook’s Internet Drone Team Is Collaborating with Google’s Stratospheric Balloons Project
Google and Facebook are lobbying to alter international law to make it easier to provide universal Internet access.
- Y Combinator Opens Research Lab to Tackle Big Problems
The influential startup incubator is launching a research lab to work on problems too big for startups.