- Transplant Surgeons Revive Hearts After Death
A technology to keep organs alive outside the body is saving lives. And provoking ethical debates.
- Robots Lay Three Times as Many Bricks as Construction Workers
Creators of a new bricklaying robot say its purpose is to leverage human jobs, not entirely replace them.
- Your Smartphone Can Tell If You’re Bored
A group of researchers looked at how people used their phones to figure out when they were bored, then suggested they go read a BuzzFeed article.
- 3-D Printing Breaks the Glass Barrier
Researchers have cracked the challenge of printing glass through a nozzle.
- Why Is Nest’s Smart Thermostat Getting Bigger?
A larger display may get users to pay more attention to it, which could help it become more of a smart-home hub.
- Debate Ensues as Prenatal Tests Reach Beyond Down Syndrome
Doctors and genetic counselors question the expanding scope of blood tests during pregnancy.
- How Artificial Intelligence Can Fight Air Pollution in China
IBM researchers are developing a system that can predict how bad pollution will be across the city of Beijing 72 hours in advance. <