- Surgeons Smash Records with Pig-to-Primate Organ Transplants
A biotech company is genetically engineering pigs so that their organs might work in people.
- Google Bids to Make Its Sideshows into Main Attractions
Google’s rebirth as Alphabet is an attempt to prove that the company’s “moonshots” can be as successful as its Internet business.
- Tech’s Enduring Great-Man Myth
The idea that particular individuals drive history has long been discredited. Yet it persists in the tech industry, obscuring some of the fundamental factors in innovation.
- Bitcoin’s Dark Side Could Get Darker
Investors see riches in a cryptography-enabled technology called smart contracts–but it could also offer much to criminals.
- Why IBM Just Bought Billions of Medical Images for Watson to Look At
IBM seeks to transform image-based diagnostics by combining its cognitive computing technology with a massive collection of medical images.
- Playing Games Might Help AI Advance
A new company wants to build artificial intelligence through game play.
- A Deeper Look at the New Google
Google’s new structure has few historical precedents, in tech or outside it. <