- The Exoskeletons Are Coming
Some workers could soon strap on a power-assist suit before maneuvering heavy objects.
- A Biodegradable Computer Chip That Performs Surprisingly Well
Researchers show that devices based on a material derived from wood work as well as the communications chip in your smartphone.
- Minecraft Shows Robots How to Stop Dithering
A new approach to robot learning was tested in Minecraft, the popular open-ended computer game.
- Self-Charging Phones Are on the Way, Finally
A handful of companies are coming up with ways to extend your phone’s battery life when you’re far from a power outlet.
- Ancestry Moves Further into Consumer Genetics
The company that began as a source of genealogical data now hopes to marry that information with DNA data—and sell it for research.
- New Chips Provide a Spark for Wireless Charging
Efficient Power Conversion has launched gallium nitride chips that promise higher efficiency and lower cost than silicon.
- Tiny Brain Clumps Offer New Clues into the Cause of Autism
Brain “organoids” made from the stem cells of autism patients could help researchers determine the factors that lead to the disorder. <
10 Breakthrough Technologies 2024
Scientists are finding signals of long covid in blood. They could lead to new treatments.
AI for everything: 10 Breakthrough Technologies 2024
What’s next for AI in 2024
Our writers look at the four hot trends to watch out for this year
Get the latest updates from
MIT Technology Review
Discover special offers, top stories, upcoming events, and more.