- Inside Amazon’s Warehouse, Human-Robot Symbiosis
Amazon’s newest warehouse is testing the limits of automation and human-machine collaboration.
- Probing the Dark Side of Google’s Ad-Targeting System
Researchers say Google’s ad-targeting system sometimes makes troubling decisions based on data about gender and other personal characteristics.
- Facebook Instant Articles Just Don’t Add Up for Publishers
Publishers like the New York Times should be having an existential crisis over Facebook’s instant articles. Instead they’re embracing them.
- Researchers Harness the Power of Networked Brains in Monkeys and Rats
Neurobiologists have shown that brain signals from multiple animals can be combined to perform certain tasks better than a single brain.
- Dreams of an Automotive Industry in Uganda
The East African country of Uganda hopes to establish an automotive industry to boost its economy and provide employment for its young, fast-growing population.
- How Disruptive Is Tesla, Really?
Applying the theory of disruptive innovation to Tesla is not as simple as it seems.
- Solving the Energy Efficiency Quandary
New research showing dismal results for energy efficiency in homes highlights the need for performance-based measures. <