- Baidu’s Artificial-Intelligence Supercomputer Beats Google at Image Recognition
A supercomputer specialized for the machine-learning technique known as deep learning could help software understand us better.
- Can You Improve Your E-Mails by Analyzing Recipients’ Personalities?
Startup Crystal claims it can help you write better e-mails by mining recipients’ online data for clues to their personality.
- Dropbox Follows the Money into Crowded Market for Business Tools
Dropbox, the provider of online data storage, is adding productivity features as it wades into the corporate market dominated by Microsoft and Google.
- Silicon Chips That See Are Going to Make Your Smartphone Brilliant
Many gadgets will be able to understand images and video thanks to chips designed to run powerful artificial-intelligence algorithms.
- Even Robots Now Have Their Own Virtual World
A highly realistic simulated world is proving vital to robotics researchers.
- How Nanomaterials Can Help Make Fuel from Sunlight
Researchers say combining bacteria with nanoscale semiconductors opens a new path toward efficient artificial photosynthesis.
- How History’s Greatest Chess Players Reveal the Secret Formula Behind Fame
The greatest chess players are significantly more famous than their not-so-great contemporaries, by a margin that leads to a fame-predicting formula. <
This artist is dominating AI-generated art. And he’s not happy about it.
Greg Rutkowski is a more popular prompt than Picasso.
VR is as good as psychedelics at helping people reach transcendence
On key metrics, a VR experience elicited a response indistinguishable from subjects who took medium doses of LSD or magic mushrooms.
This startup wants to copy you into an embryo for organ harvesting
With plans to create realistic synthetic embryos, grown in jars, Renewal Bio is on a journey to the horizon of science and ethics.
This nanoparticle could be the key to a universal covid vaccine
Ending the covid pandemic might well require a vaccine that protects against any new strains. Researchers may have found a strategy that will work.
Get the latest updates from
MIT Technology Review
Discover special offers, top stories, upcoming events, and more.