- Apple Has Plans for Your DNA
The iPhone could become a new tool in genetic studies.
- A Better Way to Build Brain-Inspired Chips
An electronic device called the memristor could be our best hope for making practical chips that borrow design points from the human brain.
- Paralyzed Again
We have the technology to dramatically increase the independence of people with spinal-cord injuries. The problem is bringing it to market and keeping it there.
- Some Tesla Owners Pimp Their Rides with Code
A few Tesla drivers are rewriting the programming in the Model S to make the car do interesting new things.
- Facebook’s Controversial Free-App Plan Gets Competition
As Facebook offers free data on mobile phones in India, a competing plan makes the same technology available to any Android app in 15 countries.
- The Problem with Fake Meat
It might be possible to create a burger that helps the environment and improves your health. But will it taste good enough to win over the masses?
- Spiders Ingest Nanotubes, Then Weave Silk Reinforced with Carbon
Spiders sprayed with water containing carbon nanotubes and graphene flakes have produced the toughest fibers ever measured, say materials scientists. <