- The Electric Mood-Control Acid Test
A startup called Thync will sell electrodes that you put on your head to improve your mood. The results may vary to a surprising degree.
- How’s the Weather There? Crowdsourcing App Promises Better Forecasts
An app called Sunshine taps into users’ smartphone sensors to provide localized weather predictions.
- India’s Ambitious Bid to Become a Solar Power
The Indian government hopes to increase the country’s solar capacity 30-fold by 2020.
- Artificial Photosynthesis Takes a Step Forward
Researchers have demonstrated a long-lasting device for making hydrogen from sunlight and water—but funding is running out.
- Apple’s Lovely, Potentially Overwhelming Wristwear
My admittedly short time trying the Apple Watch makes me wonder if it might be able to do too much.
- How Nvidia Plans to Be the Netflix of Gaming
Nvidia’s Shield console uses a range of tricks to reduce latency during game play.
- Smartphones Will Soon Learn to Recognize Faces and More
Smartphone apps will be able to perceive objects and perform other intelligent tricks thanks to Qualcomm’s newest mobile chips. <