- Microsoft’s New Idea: A Hologram Headset to Rewrite Reality
A wearable display set for release by Microsoft later this year can augment your world with realistic, interactive virtual objects.
- Hawaii’s Solar Push Strains the Grid
Kauai’s utility takes a second stab at battery storage as solar heads toward 80 percent of peak power.
- Is Genius Smarter Than Past Attempts to Annotate the Web?
A site that began as place to annotate hip-hop lyrics thinks it’s figured out how to spread annotation to the wider Web.
- Crowdsourcing Study of 30,000 Images Connects Genes to Brain Size
DNA data and medical images were combined to find genetic links to brain anatomy.
- Drones That Can Suck Up Water Hunt Oil Leaks, Invasive Species
Drones able to take water samples could be the first in a new wave of hands-on aerial robots.
- Microsoft Researchers Get Wrapped Up in Smart Scarf
In the quest to make wearable electronics useful, researchers take a close look at the neck.
- What Obama Meant by “Converting Sunlight into Liquid Fuel”
Here’s what the president was talking about when he referred to solar liquid fuels in the State of the Union address last night. <