- Cities Find Rewards in Cheap Technologies
Mobile apps, sensors, and other technologies help cities handle growing challenges.
- The Search for Exceptional Genomes
They walk among us. Natural experiments, living ordinary lives, unaware that their genes may hold the clue to the next superdrug.
- Laser-Radio Links Upgrade the Internet
Wireless links formed partly by lasers may offer a faster, cheaper way to improve mobile Internet.
- Google’s Brain-Inspired Software Describes What It Sees in Complex Images
Experimental Google software that can describe a complex scene could lead to better image search or apps to help the visually impaired.
- Nanoparticle Detects the Deadliest Cancer Cells in Blood
A novel kind of nanoparticle could lead to more effective cancer treatments.
- An Artificial Adhesive Outgrips the Gecko
Gecko-inspired adhesives can help humans climb and may provide a better grip for robotic arms in factories and in space.
- Apple Issues Strict Rules for the First Watch Apps
The release of Apple’s WatchKit yields more insight into how the company is tackling smart-watch issues. <