- Does Watson Know the Answer to IBM’s Woes?
IBM is betting that research on more human-like artificial intelligence will help it turn things around.
- With $100 Million, Entrepreneur Sees Path to Disrupt Medical Imaging
Will ultrasound-on-a-chip make medical imaging so cheap that anyone can do it?
- Google’s Half-Finished Attempt to Take Over the Living Room
Google’s Nexus Player should appeal to those who want smarter TVs. But it will need to do much more to be the hub of all home entertainment.
- A Brain-Inspired Chip Takes to the Sky
An experiment involving a chip on a small drone shows how hardware modeled on the brain could provide useful intelligence
- “Dark Web” Version of Facebook Shows a New Way to Secure the Web
A new way to access Facebook securely and anonymously via the “dark Web” could provide a model for other sites.
- Climate Panel Issues Dire Report as Renewables Make Little Impact
Latest synthesis report from U.N. panel says we’ve already emitted half the permissible greenhouse gases if we wish to avoid the worst.
- Google Wants to Store Your Genome
For $25 a year, Google will keep a copy of any genome in the cloud. <