- Alert! Websites Will Soon Start Pushing App-Style Notifications
A new feature of most browsers will let them issue alerts through a PC or mobile operating system.
- Your Retirement May Include a Robot Helper
As industrial robots become more capable, they could start helping out around the home.
- A Credit Card Terminal That Takes Apps
A former head of Google Wallet rolls out a “smart” terminal for all kinds of payments.
- Will a Breakthrough Solar Technology See the Light of Day?
A startup that might have a record-breaking solar cell is in danger of going out of business.
- Materials Trick Might Help Move Computers Beyond Silicon
Ferroelectric materials could take computing beyond digital logic.
- Google’s Secretive DeepMind Startup Unveils a “Neural Turing Machine”
DeepMind has built a neural network that can access an external memory like a conventional Turing machine. The result is a computer that mimics the short-term memory of the human brain.
- Computers Could Talk Themselves into Giving Up Secrets
Malware might use a voice synthesizer to bypass some security controllers, researchers say. <
The dark secret behind those cute AI-generated animal images
Google Brain has revealed its own image-making AI, called Imagen. But don't expect to see anything that isn't wholesome.
The hype around DeepMind’s new AI model misses what’s actually cool about it
Some worry that the chatter about these tools is doing the whole field a disservice.
The walls are closing in on Clearview AI
The controversial face recognition company was just fined $10 million for scraping UK faces from the web. That might not be the end of it.
This horse-riding astronaut is a milestone in AI’s journey to make sense of the world
OpenAI’s latest picture-making AI is amazing—but raises questions about what we mean by intelligence.
Get the latest updates from
MIT Technology Review
Discover special offers, top stories, upcoming events, and more.