- Alert! Websites Will Soon Start Pushing App-Style Notifications
A new feature of most browsers will let them issue alerts through a PC or mobile operating system.
- Your Retirement May Include a Robot Helper
As industrial robots become more capable, they could start helping out around the home.
- A Credit Card Terminal That Takes Apps
A former head of Google Wallet rolls out a “smart” terminal for all kinds of payments.
- Will a Breakthrough Solar Technology See the Light of Day?
A startup that might have a record-breaking solar cell is in danger of going out of business.
- Materials Trick Might Help Move Computers Beyond Silicon
Ferroelectric materials could take computing beyond digital logic.
- Google’s Secretive DeepMind Startup Unveils a “Neural Turing Machine”
DeepMind has built a neural network that can access an external memory like a conventional Turing machine. The result is a computer that mimics the short-term memory of the human brain.
- Computers Could Talk Themselves into Giving Up Secrets
Malware might use a voice synthesizer to bypass some security controllers, researchers say. <
This new data poisoning tool lets artists fight back against generative AI
The tool, called Nightshade, messes up training data in ways that could cause serious damage to image-generating AI models.
Rogue superintelligence and merging with machines: Inside the mind of OpenAI’s chief scientist
An exclusive conversation with Ilya Sutskever on his fears for the future of AI and why they’ve made him change the focus of his life’s work.
The Biggest Questions: What is death?
New neuroscience is challenging our understanding of the dying process—bringing opportunities for the living.
Data analytics reveal real business value
Sophisticated analytics tools mine insights from data, optimizing operational processes across the enterprise.
Get the latest updates from
MIT Technology Review
Discover special offers, top stories, upcoming events, and more.