- Isaac Asimov Asks, “How Do People Get New Ideas?”
Published for the first time: a 1959 essay by Isaac Asimov on creativity.
- Does Lockheed Martin Really Have a Breakthrough Fusion Machine?
Lockheed Martin says it will have a small fusion reactor prototype in five years but offers no data.
- Technology and Inequality
The disparity between the rich and everyone else is larger than ever in the United States and increasing in much of Europe. Why?
- Why Solar Is Much More Costly Than Wind or Hydro
A new report from the E.U. estimates the true economic cost of different forms of energy production.
- The Quest to Put More Reality in Virtual Reality
The inventor of Second Life has spent 15 years chasing the dream of living in virtual space. Can his new company finally give virtual worlds mass-market appeal?
- A Physical Key to Your Google Account
Google says using a small USB stick to vouch for your identity is more secure than either a password or conventional two-factor authentication.
- Q&A with Futurist Martine Rothblatt
If computers think for themselves, should they have human rights? <