Skip to Content
- EmTech: Google’s Internet “Loon” Balloons Will Ring the Globe within a Year
Google X research lab boss Astro Teller says experimental wireless balloons will test delivering Internet access throughout the Southern Hemisphere by next year.
- Robots That Learn Through Repetition, Not Programming
A startup says getting a robot to do things should be less about writing code and more like animal training.
- EmTech: Box CEO Offers Advice for Microsoft
Microsoft must understand that companies want to buy software from more than one provider, the upstart competitor argues.
- Paralyzed Rats Take 1,000 Steps, Orchestrated by Computer
Controlled by software, paralyzed rats walk and climb stairs.
- EmTech: Illumina Says 228,000 Human Genomes Will Be Sequenced This Year
Record number of genomes being decoded, but cost of DNA sequencing might not fall much further, says Illumina president.
- A Failure to Treat Workers with Respect Could Be Uber’s Achilles’ Heel
Disruptive technology platforms are only as good as the human resources they leverage.
- This Phone App Knows If You’re Depressed <
Motion, audio, and location data harvested from a smartphone can be analyzed to accurately predict stress or depression.