- How ALS Could Benefit from a Flood of New Funding
A viral social-media campaign has brought unprecedented money to a rare disease. How might new funding help ALS research?
- Hidden Obstacles for Google’s Self-Driving Cars
Impressive progress hides major limitations of Google’s quest for automated driving.
- A Chip for Longer-Lasting Wearable Computers
Batteries for smart watches and other wearables never last long. A new microchip design could change that.
- A Headset Meant to Make Augmented Reality Less of a Gimmick
A novel optical technique could overlay virtual imagery on the real world through a compact pair of glasses.
- How Much Is Your Privacy Worth?
Despite the outcry over government and corporate snooping, some people allow themselves be monitored for money or rewards.
- Furniture Shopping with Augmented Reality
Startup Vizera makes a projector that adds realistic-looking surfaces to actual objects, making for a new kind of shopping experience.
- Germany and Canada Are Building Water Splitters to Store Energy
Improving technology is making electrolysis a viable way to store excess energy from renewable sources. <