- Spotting Cancer in a Vial of Blood
He watched his brother die from a cancer that no drug could cure. Now one of the world’s most renowned cancer researchers says it’s time for Plan B.
- China’s Shale Gas Bust
China is betting long-term on unconventional gas, but it is running into problems developing its vast shale resources.
- Smarter Software Speeds Up Smartphone Charging
Rather than trying to build a better battery, startup Qnovo bets it can improve the one that’s already in your smartphone.
- A Mouse with the Same Cancer as You
For $12,000, a company grafts a patient’s cancer into rodents and tests drugs on them.
- Bendable Displays Are Finally Headed to Market
Flexible displays haven’t been usable as touch screens, or durable—those problems have now been solved.
- Turning a Regular Smartphone Camera into a 3-D One
Microsoft researchers say simple hardware changes and machine learning techniques let a regular smartphone camera act as a depth sensor.
- Could a Genetic Test Predict the Risk for Suicide?
Scientists are hunting for the genetic basis of suicide and developing suicide DNA tests. <