- The Amazon Fire’s Fanciest Features Fail to Impress
The Amazon Fire Phone tries hard to impress but often ends up just being annoying.
- Stacking Cells Could Make Solar as Cheap as Natural Gas
A novel manufacturing method could make it practical to stack solar cells and convert more of the energy in sunlight into electricity.
- This Company Thinks Your Car Wants Google Glass
A heads-up display could be safer than glancing at your smartphone while driving—but some features may be more distracting than others.
- A Room Where Executives Go to Get Help from IBM’s Watson
Researchers at IBM are testing a version of Watson designed to listen and contribute to business meetings.
- Challenges Remain for Technologies to Fight Ebola
Efforts to contain Ebola in West Africa suffer from a lack of effective tools to treat and prevent the disease, although several are in development.
- European Space Agency Reaches Verge of Breakthrough Comet Landing
Images sent back from space probe bring a historic comet mission into clear focus.
- How a Simple Spambot Became the Second Most Powerful Member of an Italian Social Network
The surprising story of how an experiment to automate the creation of popularity and influence became successful beyond all expectation. <
Anti-aging drugs are being tested as a way to treat covid
Drugs that rejuvenate our immune systems and make us biologically younger could help protect us from the disease’s worst effects.
These materials were meant to revolutionize the solar industry. Why hasn’t it happened?
Perovskites are promising, but real-world conditions have held them back.
The baby formula shortage has birthed a shady online marketplace
Desperate parents just want to feed their babies. They’re having to contend with misinformation, price gouging, and scams along the way.
I tried to buy an Olive Garden NFT. All I got was heartburn.
Our newest issue spells out what you need to know about the dizzying world of digital money.
Get the latest updates from
MIT Technology Review
Discover special offers, top stories, upcoming events, and more.