- Adaptive Material Could Cut the Cost of Solar in Half
A new material, combined with a cheap tracking system, could unleash the promise of concentrated solar power.
- Chinese GMO Research Outpaces Approvals
The fact that China hasn’t approved any commercial GMO planting since 2009 reflects public fears.
- LCD Hacking Trick Could Make Virtual Reality More Real
Stacking components from two LCD panels more than doubles the pixel density of a video display.
- Three Questions for J. Craig Venter
Gene research and Silicon Valley-style computing are starting to merge.
- Software That Can See Will Change Privacy Forever
Advances in machine vision will let employers, governments, and advertisers spot you in photos and know exactly what you’re doing in them.
- Startup Wants You to Capture the World in 3-D
Mantis Vision is developing 3-D scanning technology that could end up in lots of tablets.
- What’s a Moon Shot Worth These Days?
Google X’s project to study human health is no Apollo 11. <