- Can Technology Fix Medicine?
Medical data is a hot spot for venture investing and product innovation. The payoff could be better care.
- No Man’s Sky: A Vast Game Crafted by Algorithms
A new computer game, No Man’s Sky, demonstrates a new way to build computer games filled with diverse flora and fauna.
- Urban Jungle a Tough Challenge for Google’s Autonomous Cars
It may be decades before autonomous vehicles can reliably handle the real world, experts say.
- Chinese Researchers Stop Wheat Disease with Gene Editing
Researchers have created wheat that is resistant to a common disease, using advanced gene editing methods.
- Could “Force Illusions” Help Wearables Catch On?
Researchers have made haptic interfaces that create the sensation of being pushed or pulled by an invisible force.
- More than a Hundred Genetic Variants Tied to Schizophrenia
A multinational research collaboration has identified more than 100 genetic loci associated with an increased risk for the psychiatric disease.
- Super-Dense Computer Memory
Researchers have discovered a new way to make chips that could pack terabytes into smartphones. <