- Searching for the “Free Will” Neuron
Gabriel Kreiman’s single-neuron measurements of unconscious decision-making may not topple Descartes, but they could someday point to ways we can learn to control ourselves.
- Sharp Demonstrates Ultra-Efficient Solar Cells
New technology could be twice as efficient at converting sunlight to electricity.
- The Thought Experiment
In a remarkable study, a paralyzed woman used her mind to control a robotic arm. If only there were a realistic way to get this technology out of the lab and into real life.
- Three Questions with Amazon’s Technology Chief, Werner Vogels
Amazon CTO Werner Vogels on how cloud computing is changing.
- How to Make Smart Watches Not Worth Stealing
A prototype device shows that measuring electrical resistance of tissues within the wrist could reliably identify someone.
- Malware on the Move
As mobile devices are used to perform more financial transactions, cybercriminals are taking greater interest.
- Google Announces Sub-$100 Smartphone
A new line of smartphones designed by Google could spread Internet access more widely in poor regions of the world. <