- Lens-Free Camera Sees Things Differently
An itty-bitty camera could bring sight to the Internet of things.
- New Approach Could Stop Websites from Leaking or Stealing Your Data
A system called Mylar makes it possible to build online services that can never decrypt or leak your data.
- What Zuckerberg Sees in Oculus Rift
Facebook acquired Oculus Rift because it believes virtual reality could be the next big thing after mobile.
- Academics Spy Weaknesses in Bitcoin’s Foundations
Game theory suggests the rules governing Bitcoin may need to be updated if the currency is to endure.
- Coming Soon: Android Apps for Wearable Devices
Developers and designers are now building apps for Google’s smart watch platform.
- How Advanced Mobile Networks Could Power Themselves
Cellular networks guzzle electricity and diesel fuel, but researchers are showing how new versions could be cleaner but still reliable.
- The Curious Nature of Sharing Cascades on Facebook
Most content on Facebook is shared a few times but some can be shared millions of times. Now computer scientists are beginning to understand the difference. <