EmTech MIT 2013 Media Roundup
Each year, we invite a select group of media organizations to EmTech to learn, share in the spirit of innovation, and help share our mission.
- This Is What Happens When You Tweet While Watching TV
- The Argument for Making the Misuse of Your Personal Data a Felony
- AOL Co-founder Steve Case on the Decentralization of Innovation
- MIT Develops ‘SkyCall’ Drone to Guide People Around Campus
- We should criminalize data misuse, says Microsoft exec
- From a silk orb built by man and worms to a robot magician’s assistant: 5 cool things at MIT
- The upside of PRISM: At least we’re talking about data privacy — or the lack thereof
Boston Business Journal
- Fast forward to 1:25:30 Kara Miller, host of WGBH’s Innovation Hub, joined Jim And Margery in Studio Three to talk about MIT’s EmTech conference
- Google is readying second Google Glass version for 2014, will be ‘cool’
- The smartwatch won’t go mainstream without Apple
- Bush: Healthcare innovation must start off slow
- EmTech: Big data in health could endanger privacy
- Three lessons for healthcare startups from AOL vet Steve Case
- EmTech MIT: Big Data, emerging interfaces and digital currencies among hot topics
- EmTech MIT: Craig Mundie lays down the law on data privacy, cybersecurity
More on Qualcomm
- Qualcomm Neural Processing Units to mimic human brains for your phone
- Qualcomm Looks To Build Neuro-Inspired Chips
- Qualcomm Creates Chips that “Learn”
- Chips “Inspired” By The Brain Could Be Computing’s Next Big Thing
More on Google[x]
- Google is already working on a successor to Google Glass
- New Google Glass Planned For 2014 [Report]
- Google Glass 2 Might Be in the Works
- Google Glass 2 is already on its way
More on Bitcoin
- Famous economist Simon Johnson believes governments will try to suppress Bitcoin
- MIT Economist: Bitcoin Likely to Be Quashed
- Live From the EmTech Conference: A Glimpse at Three Fascinating Emerging Technologies
- Oceans at MIT goes to MIT Technology Review’s EmTech 2013 to discern the ocean’s role in the future of the global energy supply
- At MIT Conference, Warnings of Big Data Fundamentalism
Keep up with all our press releases, and other coverage of MIT Technology Review in our Press Room.
Geoffrey Hinton tells us why he’s now scared of the tech he helped build
“I have suddenly switched my views on whether these things are going to be more intelligent than us.”
Deep learning pioneer Geoffrey Hinton has quit Google
Hinton will be speaking at EmTech Digital on Wednesday.
Video: Geoffrey Hinton talks about the “existential threat” of AI
Watch Hinton speak with Will Douglas Heaven, MIT Technology Review’s senior editor for AI, at EmTech Digital.
Doctors have performed brain surgery on a fetus in one of the first operations of its kind
A baby girl who developed a life-threatening brain condition was successfully treated before she was born—and is now a healthy seven-week-old.
Get the latest updates from
MIT Technology Review
Discover special offers, top stories, upcoming events, and more.