- Depth-Sensing Cameras Head to Mobile Devices
Adding 3-D sensors to existing and future mobile devices will lead to augmented-reality games, handheld 3-D scanning, and better photography.
- A Hospital Takes Its Own Big-Data Medicine
Experts from Facebook and genetics labs team up to help doctors make personalized predictions about their patients.
- How Apple Could Boost Speeds 20 Times on the Next iPhone
The new iPhone breaks ground by seamlessly sharing Wi-Fi and 4G for Siri. Further tweaks could boost bandwidth 20-fold in some cases.
- How Your Facebook Profile Reveals More About Your Personality Than You Know
Researchers look at social media to understand how updates and “likes” differ between personality types.
- Genetically Modified Bacteria Produce 50 Percent More Fuel
By changing the way certain organisms process sugar, UCLA researchers have shown how to produce more biofuel.
- Graphene Could Make Data Centers and Supercomputers More Efficient
New research suggests graphene could enable highly efficient optical communication in chips for data centers and supercomputers.
- World’s First Quantum Metamaterial Unveiled
German researchers have designed, built, and tested the first metamaterial made out of superconducting quantum resonators. <