- Look Before You Leap Motion
Leap Motion’s low-cost gesture-control device is not as easy to use as you might think.
- The Paradox of Wearable Technologies
Can wearable devices augment our activities without distracting us from the real world?
- New Hydrogen-Making Method Could Give a Boost to Fuel-Cell Vehicles
The chemical company BASF has found a greener way to make hydrogen, reviving hopes for fuel-cell vehicles.
- Douglas Engelbart’s Unfinished Revolution
The pioneering Doug Engelbart invented things that transformed computing, but he also intended them to transform humans.
- Electronic “Skin” Emits Light When Pressed
Researchers unveil one of the most complex electronic systems ever built on plastic.
- The Bell Labs of Quantum Computing
Mike Lazaridis invented the BlackBerry. Now he wants to create an industry around quantum computing.
- Volunteers See Fukushima Radiation on the Move
Crowd-sourced data provides a high-res view of radiation levels in Japan. <