- How Technology Is Destroying Jobs
Automation is reducing the need for people in many jobs. Are we facing a future of stagnant income and worsening inequality?
- A Chocolate Maker’s Big Innovation
In transforming the way cacao farmers supply manufacturers, a San Francisco startup is creating a superb product.
- Repairing Bad Memories
A scientist who has anguished over terrors in her family’s history explores how people might erase the trauma from memories.
- A Popular Ad Blocker Also Helps the Ad Industry
Millions of people use the tool Ghostery to block online tracking technology. Some may not realize that it feeds data to the ad industry.
- Mobile Call Logs Can Reveal a Lot to the NSA
Research shows how much the NSA could glean from call records, and why efforts to downplay the significance of such metadata are misleading.
- So, You Wanna Be an Android?
Inside the evolution movement that wants machines to replace people.
- Laser Scanning Reveals New Parts of an Ancient Cambodian City
LIDAR technology continues to reveal archeological evidence of urbanization. <