- Treading Carefully, Google Encourages Developers to Hack Glass
Breaking its own restrictions, Google will show developers how to build any kind of app for Google Glass at its I/O conference.
- New Kind of LED Could Mean Better Google-Glass-Like Displays
Micro-display LED tech could light up the next generation of face-wearable gadgets.
- It’s Time to Talk about the Burgeoning Robot Middle Class
A prominent roboticist asks: How will a mass influx of robots affect human employment?
- How to Mine Cell-Phone Data Without Invading Your Privacy
Researchers use phone records to build a mobility model of the Los Angeles and New York City regions with new privacy guarantees.
- What It’s Like to See Again with an Artificial Retina
Artificial retinas give the blind only the barest sense of what’s visible, but researchers are working hard to improve that.
- Can Carbon Capture Clean Up Canada’s Oil Sands?
Alberta will serve as a test bed for large-scale carbon capture and sequestration.
- The Algorithm That Automatically Detects Polyps in Images from Camera Pills
Analyzing the footage from camera pills is a time-consuming task for medical professionals. Now computer scientists are attempting to automate the process. <