Skip to Content
MIT Technology Review

New Digs for MITAA

Staff now under one roof at 600 Memorial Drive

August 19, 2008

For decades, the Alumni Association staff has operated from multiple bases on campus. So alumni coming to MIT for Association business might have traveled to Buildings 10, W92, and W59–the former Heinz 57 warehouse.

MITAA’s new home overlooks the Charles River.

But in July, the 90-­member MITAA staff consolidated its offices, setting up one main base at 600 Memorial Drive (W98 in MIT parlance). The Association established a central campus location for the convenience of student phonathon workers and three staff members at W31, next to the Student Center. Everyone else settled into W98 and learned a new ZIP code: 02139-4822. (Staff e-mail addresses and phone numbers won’t change.) The Resource Development staff also moved from four campus locations into W98, which has been updated to save energy and maximize natural light. And when renovations are completed this fall, alumni will have a comfortable spot in which to meet with Association staffers–or other alums–over a cup of coffee in the new multipurpose alumni welcome center on the first floor.

Built in 1925, the seven-story building overlooking the Charles River started out as a jam and jelly factory. So veterans of the old ketchup and pickle warehouse should feel right at home.