- Bitcoin Hits the Big Time, to the Regret of Some Early Boosters
The first major conference for the digital currency suggests it is gaining legitimacy, but in a manner disappointing to some early enthusiasts.
- Google and NASA Launch Quantum Computing AI Lab
The Quantum Artificial Intelligence Lab will use the most advanced commercially available quantum computer, the D-Wave Two.
- Home Tweet Home: A House with Its Own Voice on Twitter
A techie’s San Francisco home has its own Twitter feed. Will yours be next?
- One-Time Pad Reinvented to Make Electronic Copying Impossible
The ability to copy electronic code makes one-time pads vulnerable to hackers. Now engineers have found a way round this to create a system of cryptography that is invulnerable to electronic attack.
- What 5G Will Be: Crazy-Fast Wireless Tested in New York City
Samsung’s technology for ultrafast data speeds currently requires a truckload of equipment.
- Human Embryonic Stem Cells Cloned
Scientists produced embryonic stem cells from the DNA of one person combined with a human donor egg.
- In a Data Deluge, Companies Seek to Fill a New Role
A job invented in Silicon Valley is going mainstream as more industries try to gain an edge from big data.
Hear more from Google at EmTech Digital.