Senior Front-end Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Front-end Engineer to join our product development team at MIT Technology Review, an independent media company owned by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
You’ll join a multi-disciplinary team of designers and developers responsible for developing Technology Review’s desktop and mobile products.
Your know-how and your code will help build the next generation of products and platforms for an award-winning, century-old publication with an audience of millions of existing users. Your mission will be to help redefine the digital experience for our readers, team of journalists, and advertising partners.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
· Develop the front-end logic and UI for mobile and desktop experiences
· Identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering
· Work with designers to implement new features and UI functionality
· Integrate with, and potentially extend, back-end APIs
· Contribute to architecture decisions that set the course for the user experience and the way we manage content
Qualifications & Skills:
· B.S. or M.S. degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
· 3-5+ years of experience building large-scale websites or applications
· Experience with HTML5, CSS3, transitions, pre-processors like Sass or Less, Canvas and SVG
· Background in implementing the UI for large-scale sites or Web-based applications across platforms and browsers
· Intimate understanding of all major browsers and the special considerations required for various quirks
· Hands-on experience with popular libraries or frameworks (jQuery, Prototype, etc.)
· Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
· Ability to quickly prototype ideas or concepts using Bootstrap to put together a working interface - with or without a visual design - by using existing look and style guidelines
· Ability to define and communicate point of view on how the client-side code is structured and organized
· Experience using version control systems like SVN or Git as part of the development process
· Experience working with content management systems or blogging platforms like WordPress or Drupal
MIT Technology Review offers an intellectually charged, creative work environment with competitive compensation and benefits through MIT.
To apply: please visit jobs.mit.edu, posting 11263. No phone calls or recruiters, please.