Product Manager, Publishing and Advertising
We are seeking a Product Manager to join our product development team at MIT Technology Review, an independent media company owned by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
You’ll join a multi-disciplinary team of designers and developers responsible for developing products that support Technology Review’s editorial content and digital advertising offerings.
Your experience and know-how will help us make the best possible platform for our audience to consume our content, a more compelling venue for our marketing partners and more robust publishing environment for our editors.
As a product manager, you will lead projects and define product, manage feature development, maintain a product roadmap, measure for effectiveness, test assumptions, refine and release. You will lead a team tasked with creating web and mobile sites or applications that look and function beautifully regardless of device.
This is a full-time position located in Cambridge, MA.
- • Lead day-to-day operations of product development team
- • Keep up with design and development trends in blogs, advertising, web apps, print and social media
- • Develop deep understanding of users and be an advocate for their needs
- • Conduct audits of competitive landscape and industry trends
- • Manage high-level product roadmap and drive feature prioritization for development team
- • Define project requirements, timelines and resources to ensure successful completion
- • Create workflow around publishing of digital content
- • Manage and motivate a small team of designers and developers and vendors across a variety of projects
- • Serve as first point-of-contact for customer experience issues and facilitate a positive resolution
- • Develop understanding of various stakeholder needs and communicate them effectively
- • Conduct detailed analysis of site performance to measure effectiveness
- • Support revenue generating subscription products like Insider & Business Reports
Requirements and Qualifications:
- • 5-7+ years experience defining the experience and/or managing the development for web and mobile based sites or applications
- • 1-2+ years experience coordinating or leading research driven projects
- • Experience with one or more Content Management Systems (CMS)
- • Comfortable providing input on technical decisions or providing design critique
- • Enjoy concepting and working through ideas in a collaborative atmosphere
- • Love collaboration, rapid iteration, & receiving/giving constructive feedback
- • Proven ability to gather project requirements, manage risk, manage resources and budgets effectively
- • Effective negotiation and conflict management skills
- • Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate ideas effectively
- • Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and web-based tools
- • Bachelor’s degree in related field or highly-relevant work experience
About MIT Technology Review
Technology Review, Inc., is an independent media company owned by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Its mission is to promote the understanding of emerging technologies and to analyze their commercial, economic, social, and political impacts on society. With its online businesses, print publications, newsletters, and signature events, MIT Technology Review reaches more than two million industry and R&D leaders throughout the world.
MIT Technology Review offers a creative and intellectually charged work environment with competitive compensation and benefits through MIT.
Please visit web.mit.edu/jobs, ref. 11451. Please include the following in your submission:
- • Share what it will be like to work with you.
- • A link to your favorite Technology Review article or one from another publisher that represents great storytelling to you.