Chief Digital Officer / VP, Product Development
MIT Technology Review (www.technologyreview.com) seeks a Chief Digital Officer / VP, Product Development to lead our global portfolio of publishing, event, community, and ecommerce products and platforms.
As Chief Digital Officer, you will lead our Product Development team to build digital products across all platforms, design exceptional user experiences, and support revenue generating business requirements. You will lead an agile release process, drive project and feature prioritization, and manage overall product roadmaps. For our global organization, you will also collaborate and partner with multiple domestic and international partners, while leading our team of engineers, designers, and product development professionals.
To excel as our CDO you will continually develop new product offerings, maintain the many sites and products established, be data-oriented and quickly develop a deep understanding of our audience/customers and how they use our products and platforms to improve their experience and grow our worldwide audience. You also will be quality-focused and technically strong. You and your team will be working to exceed MIT’s expectations for digital business practices and customer experience through world-class design and technical execution.
Qualifications and Recommended Experience
We are looking for a senior digital product leader with at least 7 years of experience in the digital media/publishing industry with experience growing and leading a team. You should be a strategic thinker and data-driven decision maker. You must have a proven track record of establishing and meeting project deadlines and goals, and you must be passionate about technology journalism, digital content, and online communities.
Additionally, the ideal candidate needs to demonstrate a mix of the following skills and experience:
- Solid understanding of product management, ability to understand the wants and needs of a company’s customers and create digital products to match those needs, and digital disciplines (social media, SEO/SEM, search, video/TV, mobile, web development)
- In-depth knowledge of modern, scalable, open-source web technologies, including best practices and how to architect open-source technologies for media, publishing, community and commerce-focused businesses
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data, presenting that data and executing necessary improvements, and monitoring and evaluating KPIs and digital health metrics.
- Experience managing a team of seasoned technology, design, and business professionals.
- Be a highly motivated self-starter who has a track record of executing strategies to solve business challenges in a digital world.